At my current job, I've gone from Content Writer writing an article a day, to Content Coach reviewing other writers' work and creating training, and finally Creative Content Lead liaising with clients on a daily basis. And I've achieved this all in the space of one year.
I'm also an award-winning performing poet and interactive storyteller in English and French, with a strong belief in creative self-expression. I love creating different types of content and seeing others express themselves freely.
Interacting with the firm’s clients and leads in different niches. The role entails:
- Closing and managing content batch orders worth a total of more than USD $112,000 at the time of writing.
- Emailing leads and answering enquiries through all the stages of buyer’s journey, and converting them into clients.
- Segmenting recipients according to buyer’s journey and niche.
- Presenting the firm’s content creation process through screencasts.
- Explaining detailed information of the steps required to order, ideate, receive, review, and publish content.
- Updating clients on a weekly basis on the progress of their content.
- Conducting keyword research for each content batch according to the needs of new and returning clients.
- Briefing the team on specific requirements for new content.
- Reviewing content before sharing it with clients for approval and publishing.
Coached a group of 30+ content writers who create articles, pillar pages, product pages, visual content, and more for international client websites. The role entailed:
- Managing the entire content production process from ideation to publication. Ensuring that content is published continuously at a consistently high level.
- Creating training for writers on SEO and every aspect of the content writing process.
- Ideating article topics, finding keywords, and providing unique briefs for writers to work on.
- Reviewing writers’ work.
- Approving payments for writers, subeditors, and web developers.
- Onboarding new writers.
- Tracking keywords and content ranking on SERPs.
Produced content for multiple clients. The role entailed:
- Creating SEO-optimized and brand-specific content.
- Creating unique and compelling calls-to-action in all content.
- Conducting in-depth research for each article's topic.
- Writing 1200+ word blog articles with visual content and SEO elements on a daily basis.
Started a social enterprise focused on Arts & Entertainment, where I:
- Grew the organization's online community through content creation with 2,000+ followers across mainstream social media platforms.
- Published content on the organization’s blog and social media channels.
- Successfully planned, marketed & organized creative events.
- Facilitated creative workshops for high school students in Nairobi.