I love developing a creative idea into existence, and forging the bridge between conceptualization and a tangible product. Programming has been my outlet for both problem-solving and creative expression. I love seeing my work come to life.
I'm something of an exercise/health nut. When I'm not programming, I'm typically getting my butt kicked in Muay Thai, getting my butt kicked in the weight room, or getting my butt kicked by studying modern Greek. That is, of course, assuming that I'm not indulging in one of my guilty pleasures, which include watching movies and playing video games.
- Designed consistent, portable components in the Frontend through the React functional component-based paradigm and Redux, allowing users to effortlessly interact with the UI to view, search, create, edit, and delete various UI items, including Calendars, Documents, Feed posts, Conversations, and many internal elements associated with each of these elements, including Sub-calendars, Messages, and Comments
- Used modern algorithmic patterns within React functional components, allowing React components to update efficiently and responsively within the parameters of user experience expectations
- Designed many UX-adjacent components with CSS, HTML, and various NPM packages to create animations, intuitive layouts, eye-catching elements, and responsive designs, which resulted in a greatly improved user experience on the frontend
- Laid the foundation for recreating our web application in React Native, including establishing Xcode development environments, Android Studio development environments, desktop simulators/emulators for iPhone and Android devices, and programming environments, allowing our company to transfer ownership and maintenance of our mobile app from a third-party contractor to in-house development
- Completely redeveloped all of the previously mentioned components in React Native - adapted specifically for mobile devices - including Documents, Calendars, Feed Posts, Conversations, and all associated sub-components
- Onboarded new team members to be proficient in Docker, React Native Debugger, Xcode, Android Studio, Notion, API Curio, Visual Studio Code, and Git Kraken